Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation
Turn Admin On!
Report Birth Abroad

Report of U.S. Citizen Birth

A child born in the Central Africa Republic to a U.S. citizen parent may be entitled to U.S. citizenship. The parent or legal guardian should file the "Application for Consular Report of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of the United States of America" (Form DS-2029) as soon as possible with the Consular Section.  Applications for first-time passports are usually completed at the same time.

Consular Reports of Birth Abroad are adjudicated in conjunction with the U.S. Embassy in Yaoundé, Cameroon, and require several weeks for processing. For more information and to prepare a DS-2029 application, please review the checklist and other materials at the link below: